Canada’s high quality of life and boundless job opportunities make it a great country for new graduates. If you’ve just completed your graduation and are considering immigrating to Canada as a recent graduate, here are a few immigration pathways to consider.
1. Express Entry
If you worked part-time during your graduation which can be counted as relevant work experience toward your eligibility, you can apply through Express Entry. You need a Canadian job offer, relevant work experience, and high language proficiency to increase your chances of success.
In the Express Entry pool, you are assigned a score under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The government then invites the top-ranked candidates in the pool to submit an application. Express Entry favors young candidates with Canadian work and study experience and language ability, giving students and graduates in Canada an excellent chance of obtaining permanent residence.
2. Canadian Study Permit
If you don’t have enough work experience for Express Entry, but want to come to Canada right away, you can apply for a post-secondary credential in Canada. Canada is one of the top countries in the world for international students. You can apply for a program of your choice at a designated learning institution (DLI). Once you get approval from the institution, you can start the study permit application process.
As a study permit holder, you may be able to work on-campus or off-campus without getting a work permit. Make sure you meet the requirements before you find a job. You may also be able to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) to continue working in Canada after you graduate.
3. Entrepreneur Immigration or Start-up Visa
If you are interested in starting your own business in Canada as a recent graduate, you can apply for the Entrepreneur Immigration pathway.
For example, Alberta province operates an entrepreneur stream that is aimed at recent foreign graduates. You may even consider a Start-Up Visa immigration program if you have an innovative business idea that can help Canada with jobs and economic growth.
How can Dastur Immigration help you?
Dastur Immigration offers immigration services to people looking to study, work, live, or do business in Canada. Our services:
- Profile Evaluation: Based on your unique profile history, we make matches with the immigration pathway eligibility requirements, and advise you on the best option.
- Resume Writing: We guide you to create a resume that stands out as desired by the concerned immigration authority.
- Procuring documents: Help you arrange documents needed before applying for a visa.
- Professional guidance: Be it providing you with interview training, French/English language tests, or working samples for resumes, we help you with everything.
- Dedicated Consultant: We offer personal assistance and a single point of contact between the company and you, throughout the application process and beyond that.
Want to learn more about the best immigration program for you as a recent graduate? Complete our online self assessment form and a member of our immigration team will get in touch with you to discuss your options.